It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:26 pm






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Is this the new SRT Viper? 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Goulds
Post Is this the new SRT Viper?
So a friend messaged me on facebook, we've been arguing over the new SRT Viper ever since the hot wheels rendering was leaked.. if you haven't seen it, here it is:

Image

An artist decided to try and do a sketch of it by looking at the hot wheels rendering

Image

SRT has only revealed two pictures so far, which I'm sure everybody has seen by now.

Well, this morning the friend messaged me showing me pics of the casting for the actual Hot Wheels..

Image
Image

What do you guys think? I personally think that, if that is what the actual production car looks like, it'll be one good looking car. Must suck to be at SRT today though. Trying to keep your best project hidden until you reveal it, and leaks galore..

_________________
Image
1993 Subaru Legacy LS
Murphy-Lee Photography


Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:30 am
Posts: 264
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
This is the rumor I've seen on some of the other Viper boards. The rumored body style is similar to that of a Gen II which is personally the best looking Viper ever produced. I'm interested in the power plant of this car. The rumored engine is a another 8.4L+ V-10 making about 700HP. :-) This will certainly send the Corvette and Shelby boys back to the drawing board with their tails between their legs. The SRT team is kicking ass and taking names once again with the Viper.

_________________
2001 Heffner 1500+ Twin Turbo Viper...
1102.6 RWHP & 1245.5 RWTQ on MODERATE boost - 21 psi running @ Brian's Auto (07/09/2013)


Last edited by OFF2JAIL on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:30 am
Posts: 468
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
Why would a ZR1 or ZR1R be fearful of that??
ZL1 Camaro will put it to shame, no use in power that can't get to the ground :lol:
HP wars, gotta love it

_________________
07 Sea-Doo
10 Silverado
05 Meanie
Disclaimer: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme.


Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:30 am
Posts: 264
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
squires wrote:
Why would a ZR1 or ZR1R be fearful of that??
ZL1 Camaro will put it to shame, no use in power that can't get to the ground :lol:
HP wars, gotta love it


Huh?! A ZL1 Camaro?? You are joking right? 580HP and a curb weight of about 4000 lbs that runs in the 12's! My 2000 Viper ACR ran a 12.0 @ 119MPH with less than 500HP.

Here's a refresher for a Gen 4 Viper ACR (600HP) vs. A Corvette ZR1 (638HP) running at a little 'ol track in Germany - The Nurburgring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08nxInpgTGc

_________________
2001 Heffner 1500+ Twin Turbo Viper...
1102.6 RWHP & 1245.5 RWTQ on MODERATE boost - 21 psi running @ Brian's Auto (07/09/2013)


Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Goulds
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
OFF2JAIL wrote:
This is the rumor I've seen on some of the other Viper boards. The rumored body style is similar to that of a Gen II which is personally the best looking Viper ever produced. I'm interested in the power plant of this car. The rumored engine is a another 8.4L+ V-10 making about 700HP. :-) This will certainly send the Corvette and Shelby boys back to the drawing board with their tails between their legs. The SRT team is kicking ass and taking names once again with the Viper.


I like the body style and designs they have going on with this car. I see a lot of influences from the other generations in it. The power plant does sound pretty potent from the factory, but I can't wait to see the aftermarket get their hands on it and start playing around.

The SRT guys are doing a lot of great work lately.

Now the real question is...

When are you gonna get one with twin snails to help the Snake? ;)

_________________
Image
1993 Subaru Legacy LS
Murphy-Lee Photography


Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:30 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: Pouch Cove
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
I'd take 700 ponies from 10 cylinders anyday over any camaro. Fully hand built, creation of beauty. The Viper is, in my eyes, a REAL muscle car. No super chargers, no turbos, just N/A POWA!


Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:30 am
Posts: 264
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
Lowie wrote:

I like the body style and designs they have going on with this car. I see a lot of influences from the other generations in it. The power plant does sound pretty potent from the factory, but I can't wait to see the aftermarket get their hands on it and start playing around.

The SRT guys are doing a lot of great work lately.

Now the real question is...

When are you gonna get one with twin snails to help the Snake? ;)


No more Vipers for me! LOL!! My 1000HP+ Viper is penty enough. :D

My next toy will be purchased in 2014. 4 Seats, 2 doors, RHD, 4WD with a RB26DETT. :wink:

_________________
2001 Heffner 1500+ Twin Turbo Viper...
1102.6 RWHP & 1245.5 RWTQ on MODERATE boost - 21 psi running @ Brian's Auto (07/09/2013)


Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:12 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:30 am
Posts: 4161
Location: CBS
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
OFF2JAIL wrote:
squires wrote:
Why would a ZR1 or ZR1R be fearful of that??
ZL1 Camaro will put it to shame, no use in power that can't get to the ground :lol:
HP wars, gotta love it


Huh?! A ZL1 Camaro?? You are joking right? 580HP and a curb weight of about 4000 lbs that runs in the 12's! My 2000 Viper ACR ran a 12.0 @ 119MPH with less than 500HP.

Here's a refresher for a Gen 4 Viper ACR (600HP) vs. A Corvette ZR1 (638HP) running at a little 'ol track in Germany - The Nurburgring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08nxInpgTGc



The ZL1 is going to get ass raped by the 13 shelby, 2014-2015 will be an interesting year for the mustang especially if there is talks of a 700hp viper. Whats next a 800hp muscle car and so on.

_________________
2003 SVT Cobra
8lb lower, western motorsports intake, Magnaflow catback, SAS custom tune
2012 SCrew F-150 XTR 5.0
2005 Suzuki Eiger- 26 in Mudlites


Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
Supraman wrote:
OFF2JAIL wrote:
squires wrote:
Why would a ZR1 or ZR1R be fearful of that??
ZL1 Camaro will put it to shame, no use in power that can't get to the ground :lol:
HP wars, gotta love it


Huh?! A ZL1 Camaro?? You are joking right? 580HP and a curb weight of about 4000 lbs that runs in the 12's! My 2000 Viper ACR ran a 12.0 @ 119MPH with less than 500HP.

Here's a refresher for a Gen 4 Viper ACR (600HP) vs. A Corvette ZR1 (638HP) running at a little 'ol track in Germany - The Nurburgring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08nxInpgTGc



The ZL1 is going to get ass raped by the 13 shelby, 2014-2015 will be an interesting year for the mustang especially if there is talks of a 700hp viper. Whats next a 800hp muscle car and so on.



I'm a Chevy guy and the 2013 GT500 will be a monster no doubt, But I bet the ZL1 vs GT500 is going to closer than most think.

If I'm correct, several pullied GT500's around town, making low 500whp (approx 625-650hp at the crank) are running mid 12's at best, so I personally don't think the 2013 will be much quicker than those cars.

A couple of the LS and corvette fourms I read up on say that the 2013/14 ZR1 may have up to 850HP...that should make things a little interesting for the Viper.

_________________
________________________

2000 Camaro SS 383 LS1
2007 Silverado Z71
2012 Fusion Sport
2008 Can Am 800
2010 Fx Nytro


Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:30 am
Posts: 264
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
Hahahahahaha! Nothing like the horsepower wars! :P

_________________
2001 Heffner 1500+ Twin Turbo Viper...
1102.6 RWHP & 1245.5 RWTQ on MODERATE boost - 21 psi running @ Brian's Auto (07/09/2013)


Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Goulds
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
OFF2JAIL wrote:
Lowie wrote:

I like the body style and designs they have going on with this car. I see a lot of influences from the other generations in it. The power plant does sound pretty potent from the factory, but I can't wait to see the aftermarket get their hands on it and start playing around.

The SRT guys are doing a lot of great work lately.

Now the real question is...

When are you gonna get one with twin snails to help the Snake? ;)


No more Vipers for me! LOL!! My 1000HP+ Viper is penty enough. :D

My next toy will be purchased in 2014. 4 Seats, 2 doors, RHD, 4WD with a RB26DETT. :wink:


I predict those cars will be everywhere then! I'll hold off for an S15. ;) haha.

OFF2JAIL wrote:
Hahahahahaha! Nothing like the horsepower wars! :P


I wish it was possible to "like" posts on here. Cannot agree more. :D

_________________
Image
1993 Subaru Legacy LS
Murphy-Lee Photography


Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:17 pm
Posts: 541
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
I am not a viper enthusiast or anything so to me looks the same as ever.


Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:45 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:30 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: Pouch Cove
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
gj4268 wrote:
I am not a viper enthusiast or anything so to me looks the same as ever.


Ditto. To me they all look the same. Its not like a dramatic body style change like they did with the civic, or basically every other car


Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:30 am
Posts: 468
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
Not the same drivers on the ZR1 and Viper haha :lol:

I too think that the ford owners are very brand blind :D

Will be interesting no matter who ends up "on top", they all have their own strengths and weakness's.

They are all out of my price range, so i'll just watch :lol:

_________________
07 Sea-Doo
10 Silverado
05 Meanie
Disclaimer: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme.


Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:26 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:30 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: Pouch Cove
Post Re: Is this the new SRT Viper?
squires wrote:
Not the same drivers on the ZR1 and Viper haha :lol:

I too think that the ford owners are very brand blind :D

Will be interesting no matter who ends up "on top", they all have their own strengths and weakness's.

They are all out of my price range, so i'll just watch :lol:



Sorry for the off-topic, but wtf is an 05 Meanie....LOL


Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:35 pm
Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
[ Time : 0.073s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]